We are seeking a passionate waiter/waitress driven by the desire to satisfy customers. He/she will be responsible for serving guests in a friendly, timely, and efficient manner. The ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Service Staff in the Hospitality Industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets guests and presents them with the menu.
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if any.
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell.
- Take food and beverage orders from the guest on the order taking pads or on the handheld Point of sale ( POS ) system.
- Issuing receipts, accepting payments, returning the change.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Punch the order on the POS machine and make sure to enter the special requirements made by the guest while ordering the food. Eg: No Garlic, less spicy etc, wet, dry etc.
- Communicate to the guest and provide assistance with their queries.
- Co – ordinate with the barperson, kitchen staff, bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Serve food and beverage to the guest as per the course of order.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Maintaining proper dining experience, delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, offering desserts and drinks, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses.
- Properly open and pour drinks at the tableside.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently.
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the restaurant.
- Must have some familiarity with basic cooking skills.
- Assist barpersons with stocking and maintaining the restaurant par stock levels and side station.
- Help in other areas of the restaurant such cleaning and organizing serving areas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift, carry, deliver and serve from trays throughout an entire shift
- Ability to balance serving tray on one hand while distributing orders to customers with the other
- Ability to carry and set up folding table to support particularly heavy orders
- Ability to stand and walk continually throughout an eight hour shift or more
- Ability to bend, stoop and reach while carrying serving trays.
- Visual acuity to see restaurant menus, take customer orders, review customer bills and smoothly navigate the restaurant area, kitchen and other facility areas
- Ability to operate the point of sale register system
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate, professional manner with customers and other employees
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow menus and instructions.
- Knowledge of culinary terminology
- Previous food service experience
- Formal training through a hospitality of culinary program/college/university.
- Ability to work with flexibility in a continuous schedule of day, nights, holidays, and weekends
- Any other skills and knowledge where possible.