Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.)
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
- Check the quality of ingredients
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages
- Portioning products when received and ensuring the right portion is issued to the customer.
- Labeling products and checking on expiry dates.
- Ensure that any product leaving the kitchen has a docket.
- Maintain good quality of production.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as a cook
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary school will be an advantage.
Job Category: Kitchen
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ciata City Mall Lavington Mall Nairobi CBD Thika Road Mall