Reporting to the Food & Beverage Manager & Supervisor the Bar Manager will be responsible for producing an outstanding guest experience within the outlet concept by managing a service team. He will provide a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with Saape standards, driving sales and maximises profit.
- Ensures that bars are stocked with glasses, garnishes, drink mixes and ice.
- Request for the order of bar supplies from the store person.
- Regulate the sales of alcoholic drinks to clients who are of age. (18+years)
- Keeping the bar neat and clean.
- Make sure that the bar is adequately stocked with drinks at all times.
- Serve all clients who are seated within the bar counter with foods and drinks
- They should memorize all the drink recipes to enable them deliver quick services to clients.
- Chat with clients, lend a listening ear to clients at the bar counter.
- They should monitor clients, remember regular clients and their favorite drinks, keep track of sporting events and ensure clients are served well.
- Safeguarding all the stocks at the bar and following the recipes to maintain consistency and avoid wastages.
- Meet with customers and F&B supervisors to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new techniques and equipment necessary to improve the bar experience at all times.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to operate the point of sale register system
- Ability to communicate in an appropriate, professional manner with customers and other employees
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow menus, recipes and instructions.
- Certificate in wine knowledge, bartending and mixology services techniques.
- Customer service skills and methods for developing new recipes.
- Must have the ability to stand behind bars for long periods and repeatedly lift materials.